
The children loved picking their own prayer rope
to hold and use.
We went over how to use them with our finger,
what the prayer could be like
Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me
or
Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me a sinner
or
Lord Jesus have mercy on me.
*
We said the prayer together after this.
*
Then we got everyone's names, birthdays,
name's Saint and names day.
During this time my very wonderful Mom-helper
passed out crackers,
which was a great excitement to all :).
*
We had 5 kids today, two were unable to come.
I am guessing we will normally have between 5-10
or so kids this year.
*
Then we read most of the book on the Jesus Prayer.
Everyone enjoyed the book and while I was telling it
I talked a little about what the book meant
and how the Jesus prayer is for all ages.
The kids really liked this book a lot and it had great pictures.
One thing I like about this book is how it shows
kids of all ages, from about 3 or so to older/teenager,
loving God and doing the Jesus prayer.
*
Everyone was happy to be there
and it was a really enjoyable time!
I am looking forward to next week's class,
on the church new year!
I'm really glad you've started a blog to document your Sunday school class! I start next week with 1st to 3rd graders. What age are your children?
ReplyDeleteHi Martha!
DeleteThanks!!! I am really excited!
Currently ages almost 4-nearly 8 but 4-10 years ... we are a pretty small parish :) the kids all got along wonderfully!
Okay, great to know....so our age groups are similar!
Delete